Saturday, May 2, 2015

Spot Light Sheila Amaya With Arcadian Energies



This is the third post in my series featuring local people from Utah that showcase a special ability. Whether it's selling something on etsy, acting, making costumes or even teaching birthing classes, these lovely people enjoy what they do and some even do it on the side of full time jobs and families. If you want to be featured please send me an email at damianarose777@gmail.com

So today I am introducing Sheila Amaya from Arcadian Energies, she mainly specializes in Reiki, but also does custom spell work and tarot card readings. Sheila belongs to the Salt Lake City Pagan Community.





What type of business: ie what do you sell/make/do?:
I do many types of energy and ritual work. I make items like spell kits, Reiki water, and blessing oil right now with only white magic and sell them on etsy. I am a licensed minster and can perform handfastings as well as house cleansing rituals. I primarily perform Reiki sessions for people who would like to receive Reiki as well as tarot card readings. Just a little bit of everything.

Where can my readers find you? What are your prices like?:

https://www.facebook.com/ArcadianEnergies

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ArcadianEnergies

Blessing oil in $2 or $8 bottles
Spell kits $6
Customer spell kits $12
House cleansings $20
Wedding ceremony/handfasting ritual $25
Reiki session or Tarot card reading:
60 minutes $25
30 minutes $15
15 minutes $10


Why is your shop/business called Arcadian Energies?:

Arcadia is the the last name in my craft name, my full name currently being Amaya Cyrene Arcadia. This is also the reason why I listed, on my business cards, Sheila Amaya as my contact name. Arcadia is a city in Greek folklore where spirits and fairies dwell. Supposedly it can only be reached after death and it is the resting place of the spirit of Pan, one of the only known gods to have been successfully killed and sent to the spirit realm. Naturally, when my son was born I made his craft's last name Arcadia. I like the idea of when he becomes of age, having a family business, or even just expanding outside of a one person operation.

What made you decide to get into Reiki?:

I struggled with depression for over 6 years when I was introduced to Reiki. I had been actively practicing Wicca when I found a book about Reiki in the "New Age" section of a Barnes and Noble and was hooked from the beginning. I found much about Reiki, like many Wiccan practices, was about healing oneself and others through love and light. I visited Guatemala (my parent's home country) for 2 months and learned from reading and began to practice it on myself. When I came back to Utah, I wanted to become a certified practitioner and met many people in the Reiki community. In 2010 I became certified with my Shodan Reiki Ryoho (Reiki level one) and six months later became certified with Okudan Reiki Ryoho (Reiki level two). I am currently working on becoming the Reiki teacher level.

Give me a brief over view of what reiki is, how does it work and what you do during a session?:

Reiki is a Japanese word where “Rei” typically means spiritual, or spirit, “ki” means life energy or Universal energy as translated into English. A Reiki practitioner is someone who has been attuned to the different Reiki symbols and is able to easily channel the energy into someone or something to assist in the balancing of their personally energy. In a Reiki session, the client will sit in a massage chair and relax as I walk around, without touching them, and channel the energy into their body.


Is it ever awkward or embarrassing? Any funny or horrible reiki stories you would like to share?:

I was asked by a friend from work to do a Reiki session. She and her boyfriend were very interested in it and she said that he just wanted to watch. At the time, I did not have a chair for my clients to sit in, so I asked her to lay down on the couch and they both burst into laughter as he watched from an opposing chair and joked about how I was going to make a move on her. It was definitely a little awkward.


How did you get started wanting to help people with Reiki healing?

I saw the huge impact it had on my life and I wanted to share it. Anyone can do Reiki and do Reiki for themselves. People just need open up their meridians and allow themselves to channel that healing energy. What they can do with that healing energy is limitless, it's just about how they choose to use it.

How long have you been doing this?:
I've been taking Reiki classes since early 2009 and became certified beginning of 2010 and had practiced on myself for several years before I actively began to practice on other people.
I've been reading tarot cards since 2007 and performing rituals and creating spells since then as well. I became a licensed minister beginning of 2014.

What kinds of things can Reiki help with?:
It is a form of holistic healing so it can assist with physical, mental as well as spiritual needs, pains and assist with building peace of mind.

Is there anything you WON’T do Reiki for?:
If someone is intending on using it to harm themselves or harm others, but Reiki is technically healing energy, if they were wishing to harm someone, it wouldn't technically be Reiki.

Tell me about your process, how do you “get in the mood” to perform Reiki on yourself or someone else?:

My best friends gave me a couple of charmed necklaces and a charged headband that I will wear for performing Reiki and I will put them on prior to a session. I'll usually listen to some classical music and clear my energy with a simple clearing ritual and ground myself. When I am performing Reiki on myself, I can be anywhere at anytime doing anything. Just a mindful thought will allow the energy to begin to flow into me. When I do a full session on myself, I like to light a candle,some incense and lay in my bed for the duration of the session.

Do you have to be Pagan to enjoy or get benefits from Reiki?:
No. Reiki is for anyone who is open to the Universe and willing to learn or receive the Reiki energy. They can be of any religion, belief, gender or race as long as they are wanting to improve their holistic selves, this is for them.

Personal Message From Sheila:
The subjects discussed in this blog interview are things that I was not able to uncover by myself. I had many different teachers along the way and made many different friends that have similar beliefs. Reiki and Spirituality are things you should feel comfortable and you can discuss freely at all stages of your development. Even if you don't request my services, feel free to email me for any questions or discussion topics you would like. Amaya.Arcadia@gmail.com


Testimony from a frequent client of Sheila's; Hillary
This year has been an extremely stressful and trying time in my life. Getting through these things in my life would have been a long and horrible process if it had not been for the healing energy that was delivered to my body and my soul through the hands of Sheila Morales. The Reiki Sessions I have had with her have calmed my soul and have made my mind clear so I can make rational decisions in regards to the issues I have had to deal with lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, just remember the commenting rules! Especially on HOT topics. I won't have trolls or douche bags on this blog.