Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I am Thankful Part Two





I am Thankful Part Two

Well the first part went over really well, over 50 views! I guess people do like reading about good news…or I have creepy stalkers…You never know. Lol

I have been pretty stressed, with wedding planning, family drama and work being on super busy over load….It is nice to think about those things that make me happy, grateful to be alive and are just good and pleasant.

Especially after reading about people dying all over from gun shootings and even MORE stupid abortion laws and everyone complaining about Obamacare. GIVE IT UP PEOPLE. Health care for the masses is a GOOD IDEA, give the president a break…sheesh, so the website sucks, it’s getting better…. *sigh*

So here is a list of things I was thankful for this past week and some fun stats and anecdotes to go along with them!

My Job
I work at Healthport.
I process medical records for Intermountain Health Care
I hate working cause I really just want to get a book published mainstream, but it’s not a bad job, just a lot of work and stress.
The money is good.

Music
Duran Duran took their name from a mad scientists in the movie Barbarella.
The first pop video was Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen, released in 1975.
The Carpenters signature song, We’ve Only Just Begun, was originally part of a television commercial for a California bank.

Laughter
Laughter is an instinctive behavior, produced and recognized by people of all cultures.
Laughter strengthens the body’s ability to fight disease.
Laughing 100 times has the same effect on the body as being on a rowing machine for 10 minutes or a stationary bike for 15 minutes.

Good Food
In the last two years dating my boo I have tried Sushi( and liked it), Indian food (and been less than impressed with most of it), Ethiopian food (which was pretty good) and have been to over ten restaurants I had never been to before, trying over a dozen foods I had never had.

Este Pizza, Sugar House Barbeque, Magic Soup (Mi la Cai-Noodle House) Yellow Finn and Wings Nuts are my favorite places to eat right now. If you come to Salt Lake that’s where I recommend you go.

Boo and I also enjoy experimenting with new recipes. He has made me fish chowder, duck, chicken wings from scratch, homemade vinaigrette, chicken pot pies, potato soup, meat less chili, potato bacon pizza, corn fritters and a long list of other stuff. While I have tried my hand (some good, some not) at several greek and german dishes as well as paleo ones, low fat recipes and other dishes.

Good Weather
There is enough energy in one bolt of lightning to power a home for two weeks
It is possible to see a rainbow at night
The winter of 1932 in the US was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely solid

Boo and I will be married in less than three months

Our wedding is themed literary with Halloween colors; black, green, purple and orange

I am wearing a black lace wedding dress and the flowers are all made of old book pages

We are planning to honey moon in March in San Diego.

Well I hope I made you warm and fuzzy inside. Bright Blessings!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, just remember the commenting rules! Especially on HOT topics. I won't have trolls or douche bags on this blog.