Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I am Thankful Part One







I am Thankful

I know that it’s a popular facebook trend to write every day what we are thankful for. But what if we took it a little further? I have decided for November once a week to show case the things I am thankful for with a little history behind them.
This week I have been thankful for
-Technology
-My car
-My friends
-Sleep
-My cats
-My Books

I am NOT thankful for a country where women are still treated as second class citizen and abortion is still a topic of debate. I am NOT thankful that I feel helpless because aside from this blog and the occasional donation there is not much I can do.

I have read so many disturbing articles of late that make me sad and angry, school shootings, mall shootings, women who spend thousands of dollars trying to get out of state for abortions, stupid laws made by simple minded ass hole conservatives…. That this November I needed to take a deep breath and a break. I am planning a wedding and it is stressful. My sister is pregnant and it is stressful, money is stressful… everything seems bleaker than normal in the world of politics.

So here are some fun facts to take our mind off of all this anger and darkness swamping the land.

Technology
People had to sit still for eight hours for the first pictures to be taken
The cigarette lighter was created before the match
It takes six months to build a rolls Royce and 13 hours to build a Toyota

Sleep
Snoring occurs only when someone is in non REM-sleep
Most of what we know about sleep we've learned in the past 25 years
In insomnia following bereavement, sleeping pills can disrupt grieving.

Books/Reading
The average person reads less than one book a year (NOT ME)
People who spend time mostly reading become more sociable than those who do not.

Cats
A group of cats is called a “clowder”
Cats make about 100 different sounds. Dogs make only about 10
Many Egyptians worshipped the goddess Bast, who had a woman’s body and a cat’s head

My Car
Is named Mels after Melody Amy’s best friend in Dr Who since when she becomes River Song she uses psychedelic red lipstick
Is a Red 2007 Toytoa Rav 4
I only have her because my BFF wrecked my other car. LOL

My Friends
Between my close friends and I we have a total of thirteen children.
All of my BFF’s have either had a child out of wedlock or have been divorced at least once, except the lesbian…go figure.
Out of all of my very close friends only two of them are Christians

Bright Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, just remember the commenting rules! Especially on HOT topics. I won't have trolls or douche bags on this blog.