Monday, October 21, 2013
So the United Nations Women Campaign has a new add. Where they take a women’s face and leave her mouth as a search engine box and duplicate the horrible things that come from real searches.
Try it on Google, try it on Bing. I guarantee you find awfulness. I did it myself and was shocked at the gender inequality that is found in something so mundane.
Do it yourself and post the results YOU find in the comments.
When running this search the top six were:
Women Need To
-know their place
- feel desired
When I searched Women Cannot the tops answers were
- Be priests
- Be trusted
- Have it all
- Speak in church
How about searching Women Shouldn’t, also pretty awful
- Fight in combat
- Have rights
- Play sports
- Wear pant
- feel needed
- learn to talk
- grow up
- Be left alone
- Get hard
- Build muscle after 35
- Live on bread alone
- Be faithful
- get married
- pay more for car insurance
Tuesday, October 15, 2013
I really do love this Friday Five thing, but with love, work, kids, and life sometimes I don’t get to do it on Friday. So here is the last three weeks!
1. When (and why) did you last intentionally throw food onto the floor or ground? With my kids at the park, we were feeding geese
2. To whom did you last throw a canned or bottled beverage? Ummm…I actually have no idea. I threw a milk bottle at my ex-husband about three years ago lol
3. When did you last throw a ball? I threw a piece of paper wadded up into a ball for my cat a few days ago. He likes to play fetch
4. When someone throws you a set of keys, how confident are you while those keys are in midair that you will catch them and be cool doing it? half and half. Sometimes I am like Geena Davis in ALOTO and sometimes I am like eeek those will hurt!
5. What’s something you regret throwing away? I don’t really regret throwing anything away. If it has been thrown away there is a good reason for it.
6. What was the last t-shirt you acquired because it identified you as a member of a specific group? (you know, like a faculty t-shirt if you’re a teacher, or a class t-shirt if you’re a student, or a volunteer t-shirt for some event you helped with…) I bought a Dr. Who t shirt which ID’s me as a whovian lol…I bought a shirt that had the Discover Card logo on it so I could “dress” down at work about four years ago.
7. What was the last event for which you filled out a HELLO MY NAME IS nametag? I have no idea, probably a party and probably for fun
8. Besides websites and personal computers, how many things do you have passwords or combinations for in order to prove you’re authorized? I have a key card to enter certain places at my work…. I used to have an entry code for my daughter’s day care.
Thursday, October 3, 2013
Good Fall Everyone!
In celebration of my favorite time of the year and the fact that the 1.5 of the Three Provinces Series, Servant of Death come out at the end of the month...
Princess of Death Will be free for five days starting this Saturday!
Please pick it up, tell your friends and pass it along!
Enter the world of Sumerian mythology...