Saturday, July 20, 2013

I am ENGAGED!

I am getting married. That’s right, you heard it here! I am getting married to quite possibly the most brilliant, handsome and wonderful man on the planet.

Yesterday was an interesting day. Boo told me he wanted me to pick him up from a doctor’s appointment, which is not abnormal, I often do so. I arrived there right on time and text him.  He responded that he was already done and at the cemetery across the street and had something he wanted to show me.  This also isn't abnormal. We love cemeteries, we love old tombstones and interesting epitaphs and we like to see polygamists buried with all their wives.

So I hurried across the street and Boo met me. He took my hand and led me farther in where there is this awesome old gate, I looked at him and asked,
“What’s up?”

 He pointed to a piece of parchment folded at the bottom bearing my name. Realizing something important was going on I picked it up and read through romantic sentiments(squeee!) until I got to the last line which simply read ” I should be on one knee right now with a question to ask you…”





Shaking I turned around, nervous laughter spilling out of me. He had a silver box in one hand and looked very anxious. I blurted out, “Now? You’re doing it now?”   I felt like I couldn’t breathe.
Looking even more panicky he asked, “Is this not a good time?”

To which I replied, “No! It’s perfect.”  Honestly I can’t really remember if he actually got down on one knee or not. My heart was thudding so loudly I could barely hold my hand still. I heard him ask if I would marry him and I said yes. It was perfect. I feel like this is my real marriage and my first true husband. I could not be happier or more blessed. I keep glancing down at my hand to make sure it is real, afraid I will wake up and it won’t be.

Funny though, all day I was so anxious for no reason. Guess my divination gifts were working in over time. Lol

Here are some fun marriage facts and statistics:
Traditionally, bridesmaids would be dressed in similar bride-like gowns to confuse rival suitors, evil spirits, and robbers.
A marriage ceremony typically ends with a kiss because in ancient Rome, a kiss was a legal bond that sealed contracts, and marriage was seen as a contract
Wedding dresses weren't always white.  In fact, they were traditionally red, blue, purple or even black, with gold and silver stitching. It wasn't until 1840, when Queen Victoria wed Prince Albert in a white bridal gown, that the "chaste" color became the status quo.

Wedding and engagement rings have been worn on the fourth finger of the left hand since ancient times. The Romans believed a vein in this particular finger, called "vena amoris" (a.k.a. the "vein of love"), leads directly to the heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, just remember the commenting rules! Especially on HOT topics. I won't have trolls or douche bags on this blog.