Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Something Different...a Poem

Why Does it Still Hurt

by Me!

I havent written poetry in a while. Finding out my ex best friend and ex husband have gotten married and have a new baby hurt. They will probably get a kick out of knowing this and I don't care. I am allowed to feel hurt or any other emotions I want. I enjoy my life, my daughters, my friends, family and my Boo. Everything here is wonderful and good...But it still hurts once in a while.




Time passes; from angry words, frozen breath and distance


Time passes; with no thoughts, only dreams, rumors of life


Intense emotions; anger, hate, betrayal


Intense emotions, sadness, regret, confusion


Time spent; dolls, giggles, growing up


He doesn’t see; lost teeth, report cards, smiles


Time spent; laughing, eating, drinking


He doesn’t control; anything anymore


Time spent; falling in love again, learning to trust


He doesn’t care; and probably never did


Time passes; forget but not forgiven


Time passes; missing sunshine


Intense emotions of; happiness, peace, amazement


Intense emotions of; love, lust, wonder


Glimpses into; their life, wedded maybe bliss, new life


I am; happy, healthy, beautiful


But it… Hurts, angers me, nauseates, anxiety


Glimpses of; me moving on too


I am guilty because life is; precious and amazing


But it... Is not fair


Time passes with words like; don’t be bothered, let it go


Time passes; it’s my right to grieve, allow me to hurt!


I am hurt; why does it still hurt?


Glimpses of; black rimmed glasses, funny t-shirts


I am almost unbroken


Glimpses of; red and brown curls


It can stop hurting now


Intense emotions…. Time passing

With



Out



It



Hurting





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, just remember the commenting rules! Especially on HOT topics. I won't have trolls or douche bags on this blog.