Monday, November 5, 2012

An Introduction, Or as I like to call it: Something to Think about.

After scouring the internet for something that relates to me and to many women I know I found it came up relatively short. So I decided to take it upon myself to start a blog. A blog for things that I believe in, things that I want to see changed, things I have questions about, things that I don’t feel women talk about nearly enough and things that have too much stigma surrounding them.


This is all very new to me. The criticism and conflict this blog may cause might be huge, it might be insignificant. Maybe no one will ever read these things or maybe everyone will and I will become an internet super star. One never knows what path life will take you.


There are so many topics I want to discuss from a woman’s point of view; Abortion, birth control, teen pregnancy, Paganism, being over weight, eating disorders, adultery, parenting and Universal Health Care. Not to mention writing, books and relationships. I want to know how many women out there have the same concerns that I do, especially with the fact that the United States looks to be becoming so conservative and so anti women.


Many things I want to talk about on here are things that I either a)have kept to myself and don’t feel like I should have to and b) are things only my close family and friends know about me.


But how can I expect people to understand my points of view and maybe change things if I can’t even say some of it out loud? How can I expect other women to talk to me, to know I understand them if I am not willing to say it out loud. Will I take heat for this? Sure. Will it be worth it? Goddess I hope so.


So before I do anything else allow me to introduce myself.


I am a plus size recently re married mom. I live in Utah, I am pagan. I take birth control, vote liberal (read democrat) believe in sexual education classes over abstinence only programs, that the USA needs Universal Health Care, think that schools and the government should crack down on bullying, and that marijuana should be made legal.

I am pro choice and all about keeping abortion safe and legal. I believe in the death penalty, separation of church and state, that everyone should be treated fairly and equally, that you have the right to marry anyone you choose and it is no one’s business but your own. I think you should spay and neuter your damn pets, that natural birth is the way to go and midwives are the best bet with a normal pregnancy. I think that welfare is greatly needed and appreciated, that Americans are way too judgmental and people need to be even more involved in suicide and self harm awareness. I am sure I have left things out, but you get the gist of it.

I work full time, in health care, and have been a practicing pagan for 15 years. Basically I don’t give a shit if you don’t like my views or opinions. I don’t care what God you pray to, if you are Atheist or Worships Ya Ya the Tree God from the Kingdom of Forest High. Yeah I made that up. You are entitled to your own thoughts and beliefs, but like a penis, don’t shove them down anyone’s throat, unless they ask you for it.

1 comment:

  1. I totally love this and agree with all of it! Renee you are truly AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, just remember the commenting rules! Especially on HOT topics. I won't have trolls or douche bags on this blog.